EARTHY, HERBACEOUS & HEALING FOR THE MIND & BODY.
Clary Sage is a renowned antidote to mild depression, anxiety and stress. It is also useful for helping us to recover from nervous fatigue. Prized as a treatment for women's health issues, Clary Sage can be used to help ease menopausal symptoms, reduce spasming and painful periods while encouraging regular, healthy cycles.
Size: 10ml / 0.30fl.oz
HOW TO USE:
- Diffuser: Add 6-8 drops of your Clary Sage essential oil to a diffuser.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath to create a relaxing atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix 1 drop of chosen essential oil with 5ml carrier oil and apply to wrists, abdomen or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water and soak hands or feet.
- Compress: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face washer in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply washer to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: For face & respiratory, add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Is this safe for use during pregnancy?
We do not recommend using Clary Sage during pregnancy, however it is safe to use in the last few weeks of pregnancy and for labour. Avoid using essential oils during the first trimester unless you are under the supervision of a qualified practitioner.
Essential oils can gently enhance an expectant mothers’ journey, both physically and emotionally, during this special time of change in her life. Aromatherapy can be used in all stages of pregnancy from easing morning sickness and aching muscles to labour preparation and support during the delivery. The oils listed below are considered safe and beneficial for pregnant women.
ESSENTIAL OILS FOR PREGNANCY:
Bergamot, Black Pepper, Clove Bud, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon/ Lime, Orange, Mandarin, Neroli, Sandalwood & Ylang Ylang.
HELPFUL OILS FOR PREGNANCY CONCERNS:
Muscle aches: Lavender, Ginger, Black Pepper, Roman Chamomile, Frankincense, Clove
Constipation: Lavender, Black Pepper, Orange, Mandarin
Indigestion: Roman Chamomile, Mandarin, Ginger, Orange, Black Pepper, Lime
Morning sickness: Ginger, Lemon, Orange
Stress: Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Neroli, Sandalwood, Bergamot, Frankincense, Geranium
Uterine tonic for labour preparation: Peppermint, Jasmine, Clary Sage, Clove, Palmarosa, Fennel, Nutmeg - massage abdomen and lower back during the last 2 to 3 weeks of pregnancy.
Labour pains and contractions: Lavender, Clary Sage, Black Pepper, Geranium, Marjoram, Clove, Nutmeg, Jasmine, Frankincense, Peppermint, Ginger
Is this safe for children?
Clary Sage is not recommended for children as it can be too sedating & not appropriate emotionally. Essential oils are considered too strong for use on babies’ skin (0-24 months) and can be overwhelming on their developing systems. When using in a diffuser, use fewer drops then that for an adult (eg. 2-3 drops).
Is this safe to use around pets?
Use this oil with caution around pets, never use topically and store bottles out of reach. If you have any concerns contact your vet.
Can I ingest this oil?
Essential oils should not be taken internally unless you have consulted with a health professional or Aromatherapist first.